biostar b760mx2-e pro d4. SATA issues

Hi All,

I need some help with my new setup, it is a biostar b760mx2-e pro d4 mainboard with an Intel 14500 CPU.
Choose this MB because of the 8 SATA ports and now I am starting to get insane because of issues reporting in the logs.
SATA ports 9, 11 and 12 are reporting issues: 
ata12.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x4000 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen
[  141.546681] ata12.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
[  141.546685] ata12.00: cmd 60/08:70:40:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/40 tag 14 ncq dma 4096 in
                        res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
[  141.546701] ata12.00: status: { DRDY }

I already tried different SATA cables and I am not sure what is causing the issue. 

The drives are used before I my previous build, in which I used a PCI LSI card to expand my SATA ports.
As I was trying to minimize power consumption I tried without this card and use the 8 on board SATA ports.
When I install this card and connect my drives the system is working just fine.

In the BIOS the SATA ports are enabled and there are not much options the setup. 

Should I return the MB as this is simply defective or am I overlooking something ? 

I have included the Diagnostics file as well. 

richtech-diagnostics-20240826-2113.zip

Hi,

I tried different combinations, all 4 Toshiba MG07/M08 (14TB) SATA drivers do not work, not in SATA ports 1-4 nor in 5-8. Weird enough the WD Red Plus (4TB) do work in all ports.

It is like the Toshiba and Biostar in this MB is a bad marriage. Also the 120GB SSD SanDisk SDSSDA120G caused problems. All drivers are recognised by the BIOS and in Unraid. It is when the drivers are mounted that the error messages appear. 
I have had enough, going to return this MB thanks for your help!

I contacted the supplier which thankfully stated that i can return the board and there is no hurry. I also reached out to Biostar tech support and am waiting for a reply from them. Meanwhile i also bought a Silverstone sst ecs06 pci card which offers 6 sata ports and is based on the asm1166 chipset. In order to check the disks I connected the Toshiba drives to the Silverstone card. They work as expected. The Sandisk SSD and WD drives are connected to the Biostar Sata ports and unfortunately the WD drives started reporting the same errors.  Connected both WD drives to the Silverstone sata ports and voila they work. It seems to me that either the board is defective or the sata ports are flaky. I will wait for Biostar to reply but if this takes to long i will return the board and get a other brand with 4 sata ports.

this journey is not fun. I had a disabled drive in the array twice and a disk which cannot be mounted due to an unrecognized filesystem.

fortunately i could recover the data. Now i am still waiting for one disk of which the data is being reconstructed. Scary times.