NFS shares stop working beyond 6.12.9

Draic

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues with 6.12.13, Never had any NFS issues in recent memory, upgraded from 6.12.9 to 6.12.13 on Friday and on Sunday NFS packed up on the unraid server.  Required a reboot of the server to restore connectivity.  Nothing in syslog stood out as the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar thing just happen. Upgraded from 6.12.9 to 6.12.13 last week, used NFS only sporadically. Today after a few hours of continuous use, it suddenly became completely unresponsive, even breaking ongoing file transfers. rc.d/rc.nfsd restart did not help at all, there were a handful of [nfsd] processes listed in ps/htop and they did not change at all when issuing rc.nfsd stop/start. Resorted to a full reboot, that fixed it (for now).

Everything else seemed tottally fine with unraid (SMB/docker/VMs).

On 9/9/2024 at 1:46 PM, klamath said:

I am having issues with 6.12.13, Never had any NFS issues in recent memory, upgraded from 6.12.9 to 6.12.13 on Friday and on Sunday NFS packed up on the unraid server.  Required a reboot of the server to restore connectivity.  Nothing in syslog stood out as the problem.

I just found this thread, my NFS shares stopped working and I suspected it was due to a recent unRAID upgrade. I am also on 6.12.13.

It happened again this night, from logs I can see it must have been just 1.5h after I rebooted unraid. On the client machine, all processes accessing the NFS share are stuck in CPU_IOWAIT state. Even "ls" on a mount is just stuck for minutes already now.

The only other thing I changed to make NFS work reliably in the first place was to disable hard links. There are only two shares exported, they are set to private and can only be accessed from a certain VLAN/subnet.

• 2 weeks later...

It is broken in the 7.0 Beta 3 as well.

If I uploaded a lot of stuff to my Plex Docker on another server, it seems that the high load on the NFS when Plex is making thumbnails etc.. as it processes all the new media causes Unraid to lock up.  It also seems to be IP based, my docker server cannot access the NFS shares but I have a 2nd plex server, non-docker I am working on and NFS on that still works without issues.  Like everyone else I have to do a full reboot to fix it.

21 minutes ago, Jayman6014 said:

It is broken in the 7.0 Beta 3 as well.

If I uploaded a lot of stuff to my Plex Docker on another server, it seems that the high load on the NFS when Plex is making thumbnails etc.. as it processes all the new media causes Unraid to lock up.  It also seems to be IP based, my docker server cannot access the NFS shares but I have a 2nd plex server, non-docker I am working on and NFS on that still works without issues.  Like everyone else I have to do a full reboot to fix it.

Post diagnostics from 7.0 Beta 3.