Out Of Memory errors detected on your server - Data Drive Failure

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi everyone,

I have been receiving "Out Of Memory errors detected on your server" errors via "Fix Common Problems". Today when viewing a video over the network the video started freezing randomly so I decided to restart the server after spinning down and stopping the array but it failed to restart by itself.

I plugged it into a monitor and the Asus boot screen displayed "Please back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent and cause unpredictable fail." I removed the affected hard disk and replaced it with a new one I had available which had recently pre-cleared as I was looking to expand my array.

I am concerned as I am still seeing "Out Of Memory errors detected on your server" errors during the rebuild of the drive. I have two parity drives so I can survive another failure. The errors and drive failure may be independent of one another, I am not sure.

I have attached my diagnostic file to help. The drive that failed was one that hadn't received any SMART errors until the point of failure. It was also the 2nd least accessed drive for data as it only had pictures on the drive that were backed up elsewhere. However, I do have turbo-write enabled so the drive would be spinning in case of writing to other disks.

The other drives aren't showing any SMART errors at the current time.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

diagnostics-20240905-2309.zip