How to setup cache drive?

Alright, so I put in a small cache drive tonight so disk2 can spindown(with couch potato it wouldn't) and I got everything back up and running, but it seems none of my shares are using the cache drive.

I have these shares set to use the cache drive:Movies( on disk 2), TV( on disk 3), Kid Shows(on disk 1)

I have downloaded a couple files for all three and all three are instantly put onto the corresponding disk.

I have made sure of this by navigated the disks through the webgui, going to disk 1, 2 and 3 to check if they are actually on the disk, and by going to the cache drive which is still empty.

Settings are to use cache drive, keep 10 GB free( I think anyway, Tom really needs to update this to a conventional method, no one thinks in bytes with a media server)

I've gone in the user shares and set them to use the cache drive.

Sabnzbd is set to sort movies but they are still in the downloads folder. Do I need to set the download folder outside of the .Apps folder? Currents this is how my directory looks:

/mnt/cache/.Apps/sab/downloads/complete

The mover script will not move them because they are under the .Apps directory, correct? So I should move it to save downloads in/mnt/cache/downloads or just /mnt/cache ?

For TV shows it is set to download to /mnt/disk3/TV/New Shows/ and is setup to use sabtosickbeard.py, which moves completed shows to Media/TV which resides at /mnt/disk3/TV/ after they are processed.

Is it because of the post-processing that the cache drive is not being used? Or am I missing something else?

EDIT: Using unRAID Beta 5r14

You're telling it to put the completed file directly to the array disk so of course it will skip using the cache disk. Use the user share and not the disk share, for example /mnt/user/TV, as the directory where you store the media. Then, since you are copying to the user share, the cache drive settings for that user share will get used.

Archived