Areca ARC-1200 - errors in syslog

Okay, I bought an Areca ARC-1200 a good while back. I think at the time I was considering using it to RAID a parity drive setup but decided against it. Today I need to bring some additional drives online and decided to use this card to do it. I installed the card, wired up one drive, powered up, and went through the RAID setup. I configured the drive for write-through caching and as a pass-through drive - no RAID functionality on the card shoudl be active.

Once I'd done this it showed up in my devices list, I assigned it a new device number, and I tried to start my array. unRAID was attempting to clear the drive but the number wasn't incrementing. I tailed the log and found a continuous stream of errors ->

Mar 10 19:36:13 SERVER kernel: arcmsr0: isr get an illegal ccb command ^I^I^I^Idone acb = '0xf74f0264'ccb = '0xf6e4b280' ccbacb = '0xf74f0264' startdone = 0x0 ccboutstandingcount = 0
Mar 10 19:36:13 SERVER kernel: arcmsr0: isr get an illegal ccb command ^I^I^I^Idone acb = '0xf74f0264'ccb = '0xf6e4b4a0' ccbacb = '0xf74f0264' startdone = 0x0 ccboutstandingcount = 0

Cancelling stops the errors, restarting the clearing spews them again. I can unassign the device and the array is fine again but I'd really like to get this drive into the array. Have I attempted to use a card that's not fully supported for drives? Is this card better suited for what I originally bought it for - RAIDing parity? If I must swap this out for something else I'm fine with that but I figured I'd give it a shot  ;D

Thanks!

Edit: I'm running unRAID 4.7 currently.

Archived