(SOLVED) Disk disabled / sky2 eth0: rx error ?

Hi,

I replaced one of my 1.5tb with a 2.0tb drive and did a rebuild that went fine. All dots were green.

Then I started to move stuff to the unraid and at one point I saw that the new drive had a red dot and was blinking, but the drive was still taking data. It showed 2 errors. But it was "working" as the free space was reducing.

I then did a power down. Tested the cables and powered on. Still a red dot, but I cannot write or read from it. I can get throught folder ti the files, but I cannot access the files on this new disk.

What should I do? There is a lot of "sky2 eth0: rx error" in the syslog.

Should I unassign and then reassign?

I have included syslogs before and after the powerdown.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Running reiserfsck just now.... will report back.

EDIT2: reiserfsck fix-fixable was no use. Added the syslog after this. But now I can read from the drive.

syslogs.zip

syslog-2012-04-02_2.zip

Thank you very much.

Seems I need to rebuild the data again as there was data been written after the drive got that red dot.

Close.

A write to that disk failed, resulting in it being disabled.  that "write" and all subsequent "writes" to that drive have been written only to the parity drive.  All "reads" from that drive have been simulated by readin parity and all the other disks in the protected array.

The failed write came first, the disk then was disabled because of the failure, resulting in a "red" indicator showing it is disabled.

Archived