Recommend me a LGA2011 socket Motherboard

The 3930K is a awesome CPU. It is 6 cores and supports 12 threads using over 13MB of cache (L2 and L3 combined).

I can NOT recommend that CPU for unRAID. It's just too much. I wouldn't even put ESX on it as only the C2 stepping includes VT-d.

You got a extremely fine processor, don't hide it.

I'm getting the CPU as part of the Intel Retail Edge 2012 program so it's only costing me $199USD for the CPU.

I was thinking about virtualizing my unraid server similar to the post by johnm http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14695.0

I would setup my main Win7 workstation and the unraid server.

I am unclear as to why you wouldn't recommend using ESX because only the C2 stepping includes VT-d.  Could you please clarify? 

I'm getting the CPU as part of the Intel Retail Edge 2012 program so it's only costing me $199USD for the CPU.

I was thinking about virtualizing my unraid server similar to the post by johnm http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14695.0

I would setup my main Win7 workstation and the unraid server.

I am unclear as to why you wouldn't recommend using ESX because only the C2 stepping includes VT-d.  Could you please clarify?

if the CPU you are getting is the C2 stepping then it would work for ESXi and unRAID.  If not C2 then doing ESXi would be much more difficult.

I suspect that it is the C2 stepping one because the C2 revision started shipping out in February 2012.

So if anyone here knows of any LGA2011 socket motherboards that supports an i7 3930k and works well with unraid, please reply in this thread.  Thanks.