[SOLVED] mounting sde2 on startup?

Hi,

I have my apps (sickbeard, sabnzbd, minecraft server) installed on sde2, a partition on the cache disk.

the problem I have is that this drive doesn't automatically get mounted on startup, so I have to manually mount it, then remount it as writable, then share it (so I can access the folder over the network). This conflicts with sickbeard and sabnzbd running automatically, so I then have to go into those apps, shut them down, and then restart. Minecraft I launch manually so no issue there.

So how do I go about getting sde2 mounted as writable and shared when unraid starts up? And i guess leaving enough time after doing that before starting the other apps (I think they are automatically launched via unmenu)

why are you making and 2nd partition on the cache drive?

all of my apps (sab, cp, sb etc) are running as /mnt/cache/.sabnzdb etc - this way the mover does not touch anything starting with a period as the 1st character of the dir name, and it gets auto mounted, and exported as a share avail across the lan for maint etc.

I would consider changing to something like this - you are making a ton of work for yourself using a 2nd partition....

Myk

Can't remember why I did it at the beginning.

I tried what you said, changing the install to /cache/.sabnzbd, but then I can't see those folders on OSX due to them being hidden. So I installed the '_' mover plugin, and installed to /cache/_sabnzbd. But for some reason I still can't see the _sabnzbd folder on either my mac mini or windows laptop. Cache disk is shared and I can browse it, but nothing shows up. I tried tweaking the permissions but still nothing.

sure. I can see the cache drive in explorer, but all I see is a .DS store (when I have 'show hidden files' checked). I can't see the _sabnzbd folder at all. But I can see it when using file browser on the unraid webserver, or when telnetting in and browsing that way.

I agree with MyKroFt that a single partition is easier to manage and the better way to go about it. However, if you still wanted to use a second partition for some reason, you could simply add the mount and share commands to your 'go' script located in your flash drive's config folder. Everything in that file gets executed on every boot. You would probably need to play with the timings (using the sleep command) so that all your add ons wait a few seconds before trying to access the new share.

MyKroFt, I think you are right. It sounds much simpler. I'm just confused what is stopping me seeing the folders on my cache disk.

if its useful, the cache drive shows up in file browser on unraid as /mnt/disk/cache, whereas my other shares are /mnt/user/movies etc. all show up in windows explorer or osx finder, but the cache folder is the only one that shows up as empty (other than .DS store)

ok here is what I got

On Main tab, click on cache down at the bottom and make sure its set at Export > yes, Security > public

then in windows if you open \\tower

it will list everything share that is public, cache should be one of them, if you click and open cache - you will see its contents

now in your sabnzbd plugin settings, the install/data dir in my example is /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd, this will create the .sabnzbd when the plugin is enabled and sab is started, that folder will then show up under the cache folder, in your case you can use the _sabnzbd so the mover script will leave it alone.

so under windows if I want to access my cache dir I open \\tower\cache and will see all its contents.  If you dont have the install/data dir setup correct, it will not make the files/folders in the cache dir - I suspect this is what is happening

I also have all of my indv diskX shared being exported as hidden, I can manually access them by \\tower\disk1, but they will not show up so they will not be messed with, only thing I have showing up under \\tower is my user shares and cache, even the flash share is hidden so its not messed with.

Let me know if this helps

Myk

which version of unraid are you using? I'm on 4.7 and on tower/unraid_main if I click on the cache drive link I only get info on the partition type and spinup/down settings.

under the 'shares' tab, the cache section only lets me change move timings and size etc, no specific setting for sharing. Disk shares are currently read/write and not hidden

I installed sabnzbd on mnt/disk/cache/_sabnzbd and it does create the directory - I can use the built in file browser to browse to /mnt/disk/cache and _sabnzbd is there, and I can go into it and all the files are in there.

I can also go to the cache drive by typing \\tower\cache in windows explorer. But in that case I don't see anything. If I try typing \\tower\cache\_sabnzbd I get an error

it if helps or makes any difference, the disk the cache drive is on is sde, and the cache drive is sde1. My array drives are sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, sdf

quick update,

I transfered a TV show across to the TV share, and browsing the cache drive on windows explorer I can see the TV folder was created and I can browse it. But still no _sabnzbd folder showing up. Strange.

Telnetting in, I seem to have the cache directory in two places. In mnt/cache, the TV folder is appearing. in mnt/disk/cache the TV folder does not appear, but the _sabnzbd folder does appear. So i think maybe I'm installing sab in the wrong place. Will check now

ok, that seems to have been the issue - I was simply installing in the wrong location. Thanks for your patience. Installing in /mnt/cache works and shows up in explorer.

lucky I was transferring a TV show across otherwise I'd probably not have spotted it.