latest plex package..help

loady

Has anyone tried the latest UNraid version of PLEX ?..i currently had the version in the guide i followed from here, of late, new movies added are not scraping, some just have screen shots, i was hoping that the new install package would make it easy and resolve issues..i cant honestly see any difference, i dont know how to remove the previous install so i have just disabled it but i pointed the new install with the information from the previous one...is this causing me issues because its picking up settings that the former install is using ?...i can bumble my way around linux and just about have the server doing what i want but i would like plex working properly..im hoping that the new version will eliminate the need to keep disabling and reenabling it and the last install seemed to need restarting every two days or so...i also noticed this new version doesnt seem to disable/enable via the drop down option. any help greatly appreciated.

...i also noticed this new version doesnt seem to disable/enable via the drop down option. any help greatly appreciated.

thats at the moment a normal behavior like I wrote it here... its already taken care of and it should work in the next release.

i currently had the version in the guide i followed from here, of late, new movies added are not scraping, some just have screen shots, i was hoping that the new install package would make it easy and resolve issues..i cant honestly see any difference

I don't realy understand what you mean by that.......You put movies to an unRAID user share? where you have pointed PMS to? lets say /mnt/user/movies.....

and if you push the rescan button of PMS, it doesn't find any new movies????....

I would say this is a permission problem.

some just have screen shots

are the movies properly named PMS Naming Guide

i dont know how to remove the previous install so i have just disabled it

delete the corresponding *.plg file in /boot/config/plugins/ ...... thats all

Spidi, didnt realise it was you on the plex forum, i posted there and here as some times you get asked to ask in the plex forum instead of here..anyway, the previous version was ok other than it kept bombing out every few days and had the enable/disable plex...i installed the new version, my movies are in a share folder called 'movies' and in there i have several sections and its set to high water with a split level of 3 i think or 2 maybe, besides, this was working..all i have done is copy the paths from previous version to this version where applicable, all of my movies showed up but its as though i am looking at exactly the same previous version as before, not sure if thats what i should be expecting because i have pointed it to the correct location..some new films arrived into the share but all i get is the screen shots and default missing covers, cant see any new options in preferences or anything..i did notice that under agents, freebase is ticked but it does looked greyed out compared to the others..i let sab rename movies to moviename - year

i can name loads... safehouse, the descendants, big miracle, the devil inside, beastly, chronicle...and quite a few more..all recently added movies..today however i had switched off my server last night and turned it back on this morning, just playing around...i right clicked on chronicle and selected match using freebase, low and behold it scraped the cover as did another two other titles..but then it seem to get clunky and freebase had dissapeared from the selection..its almost as if it breaks after a few actions., see picture below...

plex.jpg

Archived