unRAID using Norco RPC-4224 / 20 2TB WD Blacks / 3Ware 9650SE-24M8 Questions

previous build was windows 2008r2 with the controller providing the raid6.  drives would constantly fall out of the array (TLER known issue) and performance was terrible.

i have decided to use unRAID. 

i am assuming the drives should be configured as single disk on the controller and unraid will create the "array" correct?  i was playing around with the 3 drive config and that is how i had it configured.  performance doesn't seem to be any better.  I am only getting 40-55MBps transfers on a GB network.  (other machines on the network will transfer between each other at ~100MBps

previous build was windows 2008r2 with the controller providing the raid6.  drives would constantly fall out of the array (TLER known issue) and performance was terrible.

i have decided to use unRAID. 

i am assuming the drives should be configured as single disk on the controller and unraid will create the "array" correct?  i was playing around with the 3 drive config and that is how i had it configured.  performance doesn't seem to be any better.  I am only getting 40-55MBps transfers on a GB network.  (other machines on the network will transfer between each other at ~100MBps

That level of performance is within the nominal range for unRAID. If you need more performance, you can look into the cache drive.