July 28Jul 28 Anyone had one of these open or has one they could share a photo of its internals? They are USB cases, I'm looking to mod one for a SAS card. I need to know what their drive backplane looks like, whether it's got the USB electronics built in and if I can get to the SATA interface connectors with cables somewhere on the backplane board. Seems to be the same of very similar case for the Amazon version or the Syba version. Mfgr is unresponsive, nothing in the manual.e.g.:https://www.sybausa.com/shop/it-products/external-multi-bay-hdd-enclosure/usb-3-2-10gbps-type-c-8-bay-2-5-inch-and-3-5-inch-sata-hard-drive-external-hard-drive-enclosure-sy-enc50125/https://a.co/d/0gOdUgqN
September 10Sep 10 I was looking at this one. I currently have 11 drives in my old Corsair tower, but I get heat warnings on the drives all the time, so wanting to go with a solution that does a better job of cooling. Without modding the case, I was just curious if anyone had any issues with USB3 and Unraid pointing to a box like this. I was hoping for a kind of plug-and-play setup: move all the drives to this thing, plug it into the Unraid box, and have everything work.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.