14 hours ago14 hr Hi all,Got a bit of a curio, done some searching around and can't find anyone else reporting it.I've an all-disk enabled share that is showing data on all four of my data disks. I can query the share and it shows data on all four (see pics). However, when browsing those disks there is no data on two of them.What I'm seeing in reality on the disks is what I expect, it's the share reporting that is at fault.Nothing apparently dangerous here, but I wonder if the issue is wider spread across my array, and what I can do to resolve. Can any give any insights or suggestions?Thanks!
14 hours ago14 hr Community Expert Get the diagnostics file and post the entire file up in a new post in this thread. (Click on diagnostics in the post for instructions.)
10 hours ago10 hr Community Expert OK-- The User Share-- backup --has files on all four of the disks in the array. (You also have have six other shares that are using disk 1) You are also looking at a folder (jonh) deep inside the User Share. The fact that the folder exists and that is empty is a bit of surprise to me. I can only suspect that it contained files at some point and they were all deleted without removing the directory.The above screenshot (captured from your post) shows info on the entire backup share. There are 319 files in the entire backup share! From the mc screenshot (I had almost completely forgot that tool was still in Unraid!), you are looking at the files in a directory that is three layers deep in that backup share. There are a lot more places (12 Folders to be exact) for files to be stored in backup share that the mc screenshot does not show.By the way, I am hoping this is just an exploration of how things work in Unraid. You are using mc and looking at things from a 'Disk Share' perspective while using 'User Share' as your standard Unraid file system. You should be aware that copying files from a disk view to a share view (and vice verse) can result in file loss!!!!!!! (It is an unfixable 'bug' in Unraid. Basically, you can copy a file onto itself which truncates it to zero length! That is why Disk Shares are turned "off" by default in Unraid!) But when you use file management tools at the Linux OS level, you are totally exposed to this bug.It is recommend that you use the built-in File Manager in Unraid as it has coding that prevents making this mistake. Edited 6 hours ago6 hr by Frank1940 added "off" into third paragraph. (cockpit error)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.