Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Technical Talk: 2nd Parity

Featured Replies

I want to understand why adding a second parity requires a full parity sync, even though the parity was valid before adding the second one.

I think that parts of the array that only contain zeros (empty, never written to) doesn't need to be read in detail but could be synced faster instead.

* Each disk was cleared (written with zeros) before the parity was built. There's no "I assume this disk is clean and just add it to the array without clearing" disk.

I don't plan to do it. I don't critizise the implementation or code or anything. It's just a thought experiement.

Parity2 uses a different algorithm than parity1, so it always needs to be calculated when first added.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.