unMenu custom user botton

talkto_menow

I created some shell scripts for rsync . I can run it using telnet, however I would prefer to use custom user button in unMenu. I followed examples available in unMenu folder and tried to execute script, but nothing happens

Here is my button:

#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Rsync

#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Sync Files

/boot/custom/rs.sh

Please help

I created some shell scripts for rsync . I can run it using telnet, however I would prefer to use custom user button in unMenu. I followed examples available in unMenu folder and tried to execute script, but nothing happens

Here is my button:

#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Rsync

#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Sync Files

/boot/custom/rs.sh

Please help

First, make sure the script does not have ms-dos style carriage returns at the ends of the lines.

Then, what happens when you press the button?

How do I check for ms-dos style carriages?

I used Notepad to create script, when I run in telnet, script is executed and log file is saved. Now when I press button, there is short message "Waiting for Tower" at the bottom of the screen and that's it. No log file and nothing is synced

How do I check for ms-dos style carriages?

I used Notepad to create script, when I run in telnet, script is executed and log file is saved. Now when I press button, there is short message "Waiting for Tower" at the bottom of the screen and that's it. No log file and nothing is synced

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Why_do_my_scripts_have_problems_with_end-of-lines.3F

The script must complete and all output from both standard output and standard error output be completed and their file descriptors closed before unRAID will return the result.  If your process runs for 10 minutes, it will be 10minutes before it unRAID returns the output to your browser.

If you do not want to wait, you'll need to write a script that will detach itself from the parent process. (possibly put itself in the background and dosown it, or use the "at" command)

Archived