Share does not use new drive and other strange behaviour

Hi

My server worked perfect over the last 1,5 year but somehow it behaves strange now.

For some reason the mover put it's files on a disk that is full. For example. When I copy a 25GB file it want to copy onto a drive (drive2) that has only 13GB free.

Also when I test it with a small file (5GB) it want to copy it always to the same drive. No matter what Allocated Method I use.

I expanded my array with A new 2TB drive but it does not help. I can't get Disk9 show up in the shared BLURAY folder. The 25GB file still wants to copy to the drive with only 13GB left.

I used Unraid 5.0b12a but upgrading to the latest RC6 doesn't help.

Here are some screen shots of my settings.

qG7cNH2I

ycWOTpaF

FrUMiHtC

RTu7EuMr

My syslog

http://db.tt/IxsqdOyl

It's a bug. Stop and start the array.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read that you have updated to rc6, I guess it's something else then.  :o

I have rebooted the server many times but it does not help. I can't expand my array (shared folders) any more.  :( :( :( :(

Your file structure inside BLURAY is a directory for the movie and the movie files inside that directory???

Try creating the "BLURAY" directory on disk9.

I've never tried it myself, but there seems to be more complaints of this type in the newer beta's so I'm starting to think there is a bug.

I never tested sufficiently <and wasn't aware of it at the time>, but I suspect it was the stop/restart bug that was causing the mover not to use the share initially with 4.7; but the mover would use the new disk without the stop/restart if the top level folder was created.

You may be right that this may be a new bug with v5.  I previously instructed another user to manually create the folder, and the mover started working correctly...

i could also be your split level.

if you have a folder on an existing drive for the file you are trying to copy, it will put it on an old disk.

You also have it on fill up, I it going to try to use the the drives in order until they are stuffed. try high-water or most free.

In general. when I change shares and/or add drives. I tend to stop/start the server. it seems sometimes changes don't take effect until you do.

Your file structure inside BLURAY is a directory for the movie and the movie files inside that directory???

Try creating the "BLURAY" directory on disk9.

I've never tried it myself, but there seems to be more complaints of this type in the newer beta's so I'm starting to think there is a bug.

OK, I created the "BLURAY" directory manually on disk 9 and now it shows up. In the past it worked well when adding a new drive but in the mean time I changed the structure a bit. I created extra subfolders with letters (A, B, etc.) for better overview.

Still the mover wants to put > 25GB on disk2 with only 13GB available.  I'm changing now to high water and see what happens. BRB.

The structure looks like this.

QRz2GQ0H

hYJDQYds

I guess that the first question has to be:

Are you using any of the unMENU packages which modify the standard mover script?

If not, then I guess that this may be a bug introduced when mover was modified to allow cache-only shares and to not move files where the top level directory does not exist on the main array disks.

i could also be your split level.

if you have a folder on an existing drive for the file you are trying to copy, it will put it on an old disk.

You also have it on fill up, I it going to try to use the the drives in order until they are stuffed. try high-water or most free.

It looks it was the split level !

With the setting=1 the mover tried every time to copy to disk 2.  No matter what allocation method.  I changed it to 4 for testing with "high level" method and now the mover copies to the new disk9.

Can this caused by creating subfolders in the past ?

I don't fully understand the split level. I used split level=1 because I want all the files from 1 movie on the same disk.

EDIT: I changed the split level to 2.  If I understand the manual correct then It was my fault by creating the subfolders.

EDIT2: OK....it works again. The mover does what it should be doing. Thanks for helping guy's !!!  ;)8)

with level 1, it will split the share bluray across all drives. BUT, it will not split the sub-folders 0,a,b,c,etc. those are Split2. (second layer deep).

Split 1 keep all the files that go into those sub-folders on the drives that they already exist on.. that was where your problem existed.

Split 3 and higher will break apart the movie title folders and cause those to possibly go all over based on you allocation method and drive space available.

you should mark this topic as solved then. glad it was a simple fix.