This must sound stupid...existing network....

This must sound really stupid, but I have an existing network with an existing name, to change this would be a great deal of work and may even be a deal breaker even though I have already purchased the plus license, I am hoping to buy a pro license later if this works as it should.

I have been trying to get this thing to join my network...but it only works and gives these SMB options:

SMB

Now if I select - Yes (Workgroup), put in my workgroup name and then either local master (yes or no)

My network does not see this server at all. However I am still able to call and remote fromIE to manage it.

However if I change the Workgroup on the server to 'WORKGROUP' and  my admin system to the workgroup 'WORKGROUP'  all is well on the world with this tower...but I need this server to join and be part of my regular network. Now for the question, since I can't imagine not being able to do it:

How do I do this?

thank you,

Ice

Edit: Well, I gave up and left it with the default WORKGROUP name, I suppose I can use this for data storage instead of media...oh well. Maybe win 8 will do better.

Archived