Mover - "Cannot stat file..."

madburg

New messages when running mover I have never seen before.

Sep 20 13:35:39 PNTower emhttp: shcmd (127): /usr/local/sbin/mover |& logger &
Sep 20 13:35:39 PNTower logger: mover started
Sep 20 13:35:39 PNTower logger: moving 3D Movies/
Sep 20 13:35:39 PNTower logger: Cannot stat file /proc/3399/fd/30: No such file or directory
Sep 20 13:35:39 PNTower logger: Cannot stat file /proc/3399/fd/37: No such file or directory

Right after these messages, it proceeds to move the files in the directory to the array.

These "Cannot stat file" messages repeat for every Top level folder to be moved?

Additionally, looking into /proc/3339/fd there is no 30 or 37, hence the message..., wondering what has change.

Went back to RC6test2, tested exact same steps, these message did not display. Went back to RC8a, re-tested exact same steps, messages no longer displayed.

Also noticed that the directories in proc change, I did not have a /proc/3339 directory in RC6test2 and when I went back to RC8 it was no longer there this time. Looking up proc i found "Each numerically named directory within /proc corresponds to the process ID (PID) of a process currently executing on the system." so that explains the changing of the directories but not why those message were displayed at one time... when mover ran each time...

My permissions issues also went away it seems with a reboot between RC6test2 and then back to RC8. Running stock unRAID no plugin. Not sure why there were several hiccup's upon the first boot of RC8.

So the only thing I notice at this point (outside of the other posts) is "smb refresh" for a lack of better words. I confirmed the following behavior in both RC6test 2 and RC8.

As an example; I created a "TV Shows" directory on the cache drive (this directory is already set as a SMB/AFP array share in unRAID), copied a TV show episode to it. Executed the "mover", mover successfully moved it to the array. "TV Show" directory deleted off the cache drive. The windows client that copied that tv show episode to the cache drive can automatically see it (after mover moved it to the array) when browsing the "TV Shows" share (\\tower\TV Shows). Any other windows client cannot see it, no matter how much you refresh. Only method to get it to refresh are 1) disconnect mapping and then re-map 2) Create a simple test file in the root of "\\Tower\TV Shows" as soon as you do, windows explorer refreshes and you see that missing directory.

Also able to successfully delete directories and files, where before the reboot you thought you deleted directories and files, because it disappeared in windows explorer but checking via console/terminal the directory was still there (with no files in it). Other windows clients were still able to see what you deleted. If you tried to view the contents you would receive "access denied". On the client you thought you deleted the directories and files on, again if you re-map the drive or create a dummy text file, windows explorer would refresh and you would see the directory you delete, but now you would receive an "access denied" if you tried accessing it. Only way to delete it now was via console/terminal.

So if anyone has similar issues try a reboot. Don't know why this is... only thing I can think of is I ran new permissions when I first brough RC8 up, otherwise no difference after the reboot. Again stock unRAID no plugins.

Archived