Copy to UnRaid fails

I don't know if this is an issue related to build I am using (RC8-a), but occasionally when copying files over I get a message that the UnRaid drive is unreachable. This happened again a few mins ago (10:42am in the attached syslog).

It seems to start with the following:

Sep 27 10:42:01 CydStorage kernel: smbd: page allocation failure: order:4, mode:0x4020

Sep 27 10:42:01 CydStorage kernel: Pid: 6736, comm: smbd Not tainted 3.4.11-unRAID #1 (Errors)

Sep 27 10:42:01 CydStorage kernel: Call Trace: (Errors)

Then there are a bunch of errors.

Any suggestions on the cause and/or resolution would be greatly appreciated.

syslog-2012-09-27.txt

Great to see other users offering help!  In this case though, there does not appear to be any drive-related errors in the syslog.  It appears to be a system error, memory related, but hard to pin down.  Once you had your first 'page allocation failure', then 6 more occurred in rapid succession, in differing modules, and your system would have to be considered unusable, until after a reboot.

The first thing to test is the memory itself.  Run Memtest (from the boot menu), and if it passes, let it run over night, until it fails or you feel confident in it.

If it is not a memory issue, then it is probably related to a plugin or driver.