Permissions

Gang,

I have a Windows environment at home, and will be running OpenElec on two HTPCs.  I do not have a domain controller; all workstations are part of the "home" workgroup, and each system has local users (who share the same password across all workstations for the sake of ease).

I want to have shares on my unraid server for me, that only I can see; for mom, that she and I can see; for kids, that they, mom, and I can see; and some generic shares for pictures, movies, etc with similar permissions.  Kids can write to their own shares, and can read the media shares, etc.  But have no access (can't even see) shares for mom and me. 

Essentially, I'd like to be able to configure my unraid server as though it was a Windows server, from the standpoint of permissions.

How complicated is this to set up?

On my share, "test," I have given myself read/write permission, but all of my other users have read permission.  There is no option to delete the users from the share, or move their permissions to "none."  There is only read/write and read only.  This is under the Shares tab.

Archived