AzzA Helios 910 + (3) Supermicro 5in3 Cages

shat

Curious if anyone has successfully mounted three of the LT suggested Supermicro 5 in 3 drive cages in the 9 total 5.25" bays on the Helios chassis?

I was able to get mine in today with modifications to the case's existing 5.25" platform rails. Otherwise the cages wouldn't fit because of the bottom lips under each bay. Had to bend, pry and hammer out the lips so I had a flush surface as well as clip the front plastic dividers to remove anything obstructing the cages fit.

Hopefully I didn't shred the chassis for nothing but found no other way.

I like to stay away from 5 in 3 cages just because of that reason.  Most cases now-a-days have those lips to hold the 5.25" drives and all 5 in 3 cages that I have come across require that lip to not be there or you have to modify the case.  I like to 4 in 3 or the 3 in 2 cages because you don't need to modify the case and better airflow.  But if you require 12 drives in a 9 bay case isn't enough 5 in 3 is the only way to go.