IBM ServeRaid 1015M & LSI SAS3082E-R

I am using a MSI K9A2 Board with a Athlon X2 CPU

I have two controller cards:

IBM ServeRaid 1015M with a SAS-8087 cable connecting it to (5) 1TB drives.

LSI SAS2082E-R has a SAS-8087 cable connected to (2) WD EAZ 3TB drives and (3) 2TB drives.

I've shuffled drives around tying to figure out why my 3TB drives get recognized as 2.X TB and at times never at all. I've read a lot about IR/IT bios flashing options.

In your unraid experience, what is best solution? Should I just attach the 3TB drives to SATA3 ports on the board?

I still have 6 more drives to put in. But this issue has me a bit hovering in place.

You have to flash both cards to their IT firmware and use the latest beta (this beta needs manual SAMBA fix for now)

Connect any newer (SATA III, 2TB+ hard drives) to the M1015 - even when fully populated with 8 hard drives you wont have speed limitations.

Then you can use the motherboards ports - they will support 3TB+ hard drives.

Use the older (and only HD with capacity up to 2TB) to the other controller as they only support up to 2.2TB drive size. Any LSI 1068e based controller will have this limitation.

I was able to flash the 1015M using the bootable usb flash that was from mabdog on the forums.  I however cannot get the other card to flash.  Now when it boots (that card) says "Disabled by user" but have no idea why or how..  It doesn't even list it:

sasflash_x64.exe -l AdaptersCurrentFW-Bios.txt -listall

Ideas?

I'm also trying to boot up to the new unraid, formatted another 8gb drive, dropped unraid on it, ran make_bootable as admin and dropped my key file in config/

sda: sda1

Just hangs at sd:0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removeable disk