SYSLINUX 3.72 2008-09-25 BIOS Load error - Boot error

Hey guys, I keep getting this error everytime I reboot or after a shutdown. So far the only fix i found is to plug the USB into a windows machine and do a system fix and whatnot but it is getting annoying, if you know what I mean. Windows cannot find anything wrong with my drive though after scan unraid boots up normally.  Is there something that I can do to permanently fix this issue?

thanks

So I guess nobody had any issues with this before, or everybody know a fix that i could not find in the forum. Come on guys, help please.

You might assist those people who could help you by listing the current version of unRAID that you are running, your history of upgrades on that flash drive, and the hardware that you are using.

Oh, and there have been several other people who have had the same problem as you in the past few weeks...

By all means, I am running unRAID Server version 5.0-rc8a AiO first time install, on a ASRock B75 PRO3-M Motherboard with a Celeron CPU. Now all I read about this issue is either not similar with mine or those posts end without a clear solution, peeps don't actually say if they fix it or not and how. Of course there is also the possibility that I might have missed the right post but I thought that was the purpose of a forum, to ask questions yes?

thanks for help

By all means, I am running unRAID Server version 5.0-rc8a AiO first time install, on a ASRock B75 PRO3-M Motherboard with a Celeron CPU. Now all I read about this issue is either not similar with mine or those posts end without a clear solution, peeps don't actually say if they fix it or not and how. Of course there is also the possibility that I might have missed the right post but I thought that was the purpose of a forum, to ask questions yes?

thanks for help

Do you have a license from LimeTech?  If you don't, try another USB flashdrive?  You can still try another flashdrive even if you do have a license, just don't start the array! 

Did you prepare your flashdrive on a Windows machine?

One other thing. You say do a 'system fix' in windows, exactly what you are doing? 

Yes I have a Pro license for 2 USB so I guess I can try the second flashdrive and see if it is just an intermitent drive issue, that would be weird. To answer your second and third question I created my UNRAID falshdrive on a windows machine and whenever I fix the flashdrive I use 'automatically fix file system errors' under properties/tools for that particular drive, sometimes I even scan for bad sectors but most of the time i just check the fix system errors bit and after that I am able again to boot from flashdrive. Confusing I know but this is what happens almost everytime I shutdown or reboot my server.

thanks

Yes I have a Pro license for 2 USB so I guess I can try the second flashdrive and see if it is just an intermitent drive issue, that would be weird. To answer your second and third question I created my UNRAID falshdrive on a windows machine and whenever I fix the flashdrive I use 'automatically fix file system errors' under properties/tools for that particular drive, sometimes I even scan for bad sectors but most of the time i just check the fix system errors bit and after that I am able again to boot from flashdrive. Confusing I know but this is what happens almost everytime I shutdown or reboot my server.

thanks

Since this 'fixes' your flashdrive and allows it to boot properly, it can only be assumed that there are file system errors on the flashdrive and these are not present when unRAID boots the first time.  Thus they are being created while unRAID is running.  Now if I understand how the flashdrive is used in unRAID, it basically only writes to the flashdrive on shutdown to save certain parameter settings.  (This saves the flashdrive from constant writes which would lead to its early demise.)  My guess would be that you have a bad flashdrive but you are going to be testing for this. (At least, you indicated this...)

You might also indicate if you are running any plug-in applications as a bad configuration on one of these could cause a problem. 

I only shutdown or reboot through the main web interface I would say gracefully unless there is something wrong with the shutdown/reboot thing and the drive is not written properly but I am only guessing at this point. Well I can definitely recreate my drive and copy config files over but what would that accomplish if there is something wrong in config ?

thanks for your ideas