Can't move files, says they are open by another program

I am struggling to properly configure sab/sb/cp but, in the meantime, some content has downloaded, although its going to the wrong directory.

I opened Windows explorer and tried to move files and folders around, but get the message (from windows) that the files are open by another program.

These are files that were downloaded a week ago, and there has been two unraid reboots since then, so I'm not sure if the files are still open or what.

As an aside, all of my permissions are screwed up, with files downloading through sab/sb/cp being only movable by root (from a shell prompt).

Any suggestions?  I can move the "open" files/folders just fine from the shell prompt, but as I download content this becomes more and more of a PITA. 

I'm struggling with permissions, it appears.

I logon to my local workstation with the same username/password that I have set up for my unraid share.  But since the sab/sb/cp stuff is running as a different user (nobody?), I can't move/replace/delete/rename.  I used chown and chmod to modify some permissions on my media share, and instantly had access to do whatever I wanted.  I changed the directory where sab downloads, just to test, and it broke.  So I changed it back (chown to nobody) and it worked again.

So the question is, how do I keep sab working, but give me access to manipulate files (from Windows, not the shell prompt as root)?

Archived