Hard drive worries: REISERFS errors in large numbers

I have a problem with a hard drive in my array and hope somebody can help. During a recent parity check, drive 1 showed a red ball so I replaced it (1.5TB) with a new drive (2TB) and started a rebuild which went fine.

However, there are two strange things happening: the new drive shows up as only having 1.5TB capacity which is wrong. Also, there are lots of errors showing up on the console:

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 13524 does not match to the expected one 2

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 246537370. Fsck?

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [1273 1275 0x0 SD]

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 13524 does not match to the expected one 2

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 246537370. Fsck?

Dec 3 18:54:23 unRAIDServer01 kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [1273 1276 0x0 SD]

What's going on here? What do I need to do to fix all these issues and return to normal operation? Thanks very much for any advice.

PS: The server is running unRAID v5rc8a.

Addition: I now ran "reiserfsck --check /dev/md1" on the drive which returned the following:

The level of the node (13524) is not correct, (2) expected

the problem in the internal node occured (246537370), whole subtree is skipped

Comparing bitmaps..vpf-10640: the on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs. Bad nodes were found, Semantic pass skipped

1 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

What does this mean? Shall I run "reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/md1" on the drive? Any help is very much appreciated.

Ok, thanks for confirming. That's what I just ran overnight and it said it fixed a few errors. Ran another "--check" to be sure and it seemed fine...

Am now checking all other drives to be sure they aren't corrupted as well - so far 4 of them are fine, 10 more to go.

Is there anything to look out for when I re-start the array? Anything I can do to prevent this happening again?