[SOLVED] Red dot next to drive and drive still reads

I didn't look at the attachments but the drive is offline and unRAID is simulating the contents. You have 2 options.

1. If you feel the drive is good then stop the array, unassign it, start the array, stop the array, assign the drive again, start the array. It will rebuild to the same drive.

2. Install a replacement drive and rebuild to the replacement.

I didn't look at the attachments but the drive is offline and unRAID is simulating the contents. You have 2 options.

Just remember, the drive is "red" because a "write" to it failed.  The failure could be because of just about anything...

A bad disk

A loose power connection to the drive

A loose SATA connection to the drive

An intermittent power cable

An intermittent SATA cable.

A power supply splitter that is intermittent

A defective/intermittent disk controller port.

A power supply with insufficient capacity to handle all the attached drives

An intermittent drive tray, or backplane

etc...

Joe L.

Thanks for the replies.

I unassigned the drive, reassigned it, and rebuilt it. Drive is currently working.

The current SMART test lists the "Current_Pending_Sector RAW_VALUE" at "443". What does this mean? I also attached the current SMART.txt.

thanks!

This is not a good sign, especially combined with a Reallocated_Sector_Ct RAW_VALUE of 134. This drive is on its last legs. But if Current_Pending_Sector RAW_VALUE goes to zero the drive may have some life left. I would order a replacement ASAP.