suddenly flash is "read only", SMB fails

Hey folks,

I added another disk to my unraid server and out of the sudden, the network shares (SMB) are not working.

Within the webGUI everything seems to work fine. I can also access disk data and share data via the webGUI

After looking at the doc, I found a lot of entries, looking like this one:

Dec 28 10:54:45 server logger: cp: cannot create regular file `/boot/config/secrets.tdb': Read-only file system

So I guess the usb flash drive is set to read only.

I checked the usb flash drive and couldnt find any mechanical switch. Also I didnt change anything besides adding another SATA drive.

does unraid needs write rights to the flash to set up the smb shares after a fresh boot?

that would explain why they are no longer available.

the whole server is not available to the network

another strange log entry:

Dec 28 10:54:42 server kernel: write_file: error 30 opening /boot/config/super.dat
Dec 28 10:54:42 server kernel: md: could not write superblock from /boot/config/super.dat

Do you guys have any idea on what I could check next?

THANKS!

at first I tried to backup the flash drive and windows wasnt able to copy "secrets.tdb"

everything else worked.

I never thought of good old chkdsk, but after your hint.. I ran it on the flash drive, it found out that a sector of secrets.tdb was broken and cut it of.

cause of the damaged file was probably an unclean shutdown, because the system hang up when shutting it down and after a minute I pressed the power button for 5sec

Lets see if this was enough to get it back up running.

again many thanks!