Basic Question about cache drives and moving completed torrents

I have just upgraded my unraid to full blown ba$$ery (IMHO) status. I added a SSD cache drive, a couple more HD's and more memory to the system. I upgraded unraid, added Plex, and Transmission running on the server.

I am connecting to the server from a Mac, and I can use Terminal, Samba or AFP to move things around.

Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to handle things that are downloaded. I want to move the files from the "completed" folder to the location on the server (i.e. /user/Television/Series/S1/). I would like to do this and not involve the parity drive in the move. Do I use Finder and just drag it over, mv in terminal, or something else?

I guess my technical question is what invokes a write to the party drive? And, follow up (maybe completely unrelated), what's the best way to set up shares and a cache drive?

Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to handle things that are downloaded. I want to move the files from the "completed" folder to the location on the server (i.e. /user/Television/Series/S1/). I would like to do this and not involve the parity drive in the move.

ALL moves, updates, and deletes of files on the protected array involve the parity drive. 
Do I use Finder and just drag it over, mv in terminal, or something else?
Any of those will work,  but ALL involve the parity disk.

I guess my technical question is what invokes a write to the party drive?

"writing" to anything except the "cache" drive and "flash" drive involve the parity drive.  (note: files moved from the cache drive to the protected array DO involve both reading and writing of the parity drive and the drive being written to.  It is just that activity is typically scheduled in the middle of the night)

Reading data, playing movies, music, etc... (as long as the array is not emulating a failed or disabled drive) does not involve the parity drive.

And, follow up (maybe completely unrelated), what's the best way to set up shares and a cache drive?

Others will have to guide you there, each person's needs are different.  I do not use a cache drive. For advice on customizations and add-ons, ask in the customizations sub-forum.

Joe L.