VLC Media Player 0.9.2 is out

bbrodka

The best FREE media player out there has been updated and with a few cool improvements. No codec packs, no hassle, plays DVDs, (ISO, BIN no problem), mkv, wmv,avi,mov, you name it, it plays it. Stream your dvd's to other computers, rip and re-encode... It supports almost any OS I can think of. And its FREE!!!!

Get it at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC media player - the cross-platform media player and streaming server

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone ever used orb to stream stuff from there unraid server to a local PC and from there to another PC?  i set orb up and figured i could play all my iso's with vlc player over the internet as long as the computer i was using had vlc. i cant get it to work and wasn't even sure it was even possible but it seems like it would, doesn't it?