Quick question about copying actual files not movies to the server

xman111

I was able to do the removepkg and it said it uninstalled but it kept all my settings, etc.  How do I wipe everything and anything related to plex?

Thanks guys, I know newbies are annoying.  :)

1, for it to be removed from the Web UI you may have to reboot. 2, delete whatever directory you had the library set to.

thanks for the reply, ya, i will just wait until i need more data drives..

sorry im at work now and cannot check..  So i already changed the paths in the setting of plex to be on a new "plex" share.. So does that mean that the "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/"  will be a folder on my Plex Share, so i can just copy and paste my movie art and stuff there?

I was thinking i would have to telnet/SSH/FTP all my files into that directory.. Damn, Linux is difficult..

As per the above user said, anything that's not /boot/* or /mnt/* is just going to be dropped the second you reboot, and, I can't quite remember the default folders but based on the folder path I'm going to assume /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/ is the default 'library' folder. I'd recommend changing that to a data drive since (I'm pretty sure) that'll all be dropped the second you restart your server.

Personally, this is my set up, you'll obviously need to change it to a data drive due to your lack of a cache drive:-

oMpYtL8.png

EIJ48d7.png

Using a directory with a leading period is no longer recommended for using as a store on your cache drive for your plugins. It's recommended to create a cache only share for this purpose. Some plugins, Plex in particular, sometimes have problems when put in a directory with a leading period.

It's given me no issues so far, if I start to notice issues I'll change it round.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, got the SATA card and seemed to get it up and running.. I did have to install a couple times as it didn't work for first couple times.. It wouldn't see my media no matter what i did.. I ran the permissions update script and that seemed to have worked somewhat.  What i think finally worked was making a Plex Share BEFORE i install the package.  I was also able to copy all my metadata over from my perfectly working windows Plex server.  Now all the posters are working and the naming is all correct, looks just like my Windows version. 

The only problem is all my movies are mapped to x:\hdmovies  which is what i mapped my windows machine to.  Where do i change the links for each movie? so instead of x:\hdmovies\avatar, i can change it to \mnt\hdmovies\avatar.

Hope that made sense..

in case anyone even cares, i got it working with 2 computers.  The Roku and PS3 aren't really working.. The one big problem i had was every few hours it will stop working, no indication anything is wrong on the GUI just the Plex server becomes unavailable.  I think it is a documented memory leak problem.  Anyone else able to run the Plex server for an extended time without it not working properly?