New unraid box, keeps trying to install from /boot/config/plugins?

Whenever I install "SimpleFeatures core" I keep getting an error in my system log telling me that there's an XML error reading from /boot/config/plugins/*.plg (There are no plgs located there) and then the http interface & samba never start.

This is obviously a simple features fault (With just sabnzbd/sickbeard/transmission/couchpotato it works fine), or a fault with two plugins interfering with each other. Also, the unraid box does have internet access, as that seems relevant (With it downloading 'n all).

Anyone know a fix?

EDIT:- Dumping a default "do nothing" plugin in /boot/confiig/plugins seems to have fixed the XML error, but, the webUI still refuses to load.

EDIT:- After placing all of the simplefeatures .plgs in the plugins folder (Which I don't want, namely DNS server & sleep) it seems to work, although, I also removed sickbeard & the rest, let's try placing them back.

EDIT:- Can we all go ahead and congratulate comcast on their great service? Not only do they hijack your DNS requests to their bloody servers, but, their servers are also down 95% of the time:-

Y8PBUM1.png

Probably found my issue right there. Good going Comcast.

Whenever I install "SimpleFeatures core" I keep getting an error in my system log telling me that there's an XML error reading from /boot/config/plugins/*.plg (There are no plgs located there) and then the http interface & samba never start.

This is obviously a simple features fault (With just sabnzbd/sickbeard/transmission/couchpotato it works fine), or a fault with two plugins interfering with each other. Also, the unraid box does have internet access, as that seems relevant (With it downloading 'n all).

Anyone know a fix?

EDIT:- Dumping a default "do nothing" plugin in /boot/confiig/plugins seems to have fixed the XML error, but, the webUI still refuses to load.

EDIT:- After placing all of the simplefeatures .plgs in the plugins folder (Which I don't want, namely DNS server & sleep) it seems to work, although, I also removed sickbeard & the rest, let's try placing them back.

EDIT:- Can we all go ahead and congratulate comcast on their great service? Not only do they hijack your DNS requests to their bloody servers, but, their servers are also down 95% of the time:-

Y8PBUM1.png

Before blaming comcast, make sure you have a Name-Server AND a DNS server defined on your array.

Most times they can both be set to the address of your router.

Anyone know a fix?

Y8PBUM1.png

Before blaming comcast, make sure you have a Name-Server AND a DNS server defined on your array.

Most times they can both be set to the address of your router.

I don't have my name server (or DNS) set, because, their support told me over the phone that they hijack requests and they refuse to stop doing it. I called them ~ 2 months ago when I noticed google's DNS seemed to be down a lot and realized it was really comcast's DNS I was using, even though their modem, my router & my PC were all assigned to google's DNS.

EDIT:- Also, it's all over google the fact they hijack your requests and refuse to stop doing it. Feel free to google "Comcast DNS Hijack".

No idea if comcast's servers started working, or, they've changed their policy (Oh please god let it be the latter), but, I was so mad I just tried changing the DNS settings for the hell of it and:-

rQQW9D2.png

It at-least doesn't get stuck while installing plugins now, however, apparently sabnzbd & sickbeard & couchpotato and using libraries that either simplefeatures or unraid doesn't like:-

Sstkxuw.png

Least this is an issue at my end, and, not because of some company's DNS servers.

EDIT:- Sabnzbd's SSL != like simple feature's ssl.

EDIT:- Simply deleting the SSL download part of the .plg seemed to work fine, not too sure how well sabnzbd will work now with SSL, lucky I don't use it, eh?

However, that's going to be annoying when I want to upgrade, each time I'll have to delete the SSL download part until some developer or the other fixes theirs to work with the other (Or both just use the same version). :(

I had this issue and it turned out that for whatever reason, the network interface simply didn't come alive in time.  After getting to the login prompt and using installplg to install the plugins, the URL's etc were resolved fine.  Price you pay for a speedy boot of unRAID via SSD/VMDK I suppose!

I had this issue and it turned out that for whatever reason, the network interface simply didn't come alive in time.  After getting to the login prompt and using installplg to install the plugins, the URL's etc were resolved fine.  Price you pay for a speedy boot of unRAID via SSD/VMDK I suppose!

I have a plugin that just idles until it can connect to google.com (and then sleeps for 60s, which, is just a small thing I added), I found it randomly while downloading sabnzbd (made by Influencer) and it seems to work quite well. Located here:-

https://github.com/Influencer/UNplugged/

Top one, "anetwait"

I have a plugin that just idles until it can connect to google.com (and then sleeps for 60s, which, is just a small thing I added), I found it randomly while downloading sabnzbd (made by Influencer) and it seems to work quite well. Located here:-

Top one, "anetwait"

It waits a MAX of 100 seconds and continues regardless.  It also does not exit the loop once it can ping google.com, but instead, just pings it again and again for each time through the loop (but without sleeping 10 seconds between each ping)  If the network was online, it would ping for 10 times through the loop.

The author has the right idea, but it is not a really great implementation.  It will delay somewhere between a few seconds and 100 seconds before continuing.

Top one, "anetwait"

It waits a MAX of 100 seconds and continues regardless.  It also does not exit the loop once it can ping google.com, but instead, just pings it again and again for each time through the loop (but without sleeping 10 seconds between each ping)  If the network was online, it would ping for 10 times through the loop.

The author has the right idea, but it is not a really great implementation.  It will delay somewhere between a few seconds and 100 seconds before continuing.

I didn't look much at the script, I guess I'll just throw together my own one later. Bash can't be too hard, eh? Basic syntax, however, I only know java. :(