[SOLVED] Network will not connect

New unRAID server trying to setup on network.

I tried dynamic, setting IP to static, resetting the router, ifconfig eth0 with a static IP comes up with the IP i entered, however I can't seem to connect to the computer via another computer on my network (i've tried both mac and PC) as well as tower and by IP adress.

I'm a bit at a loss as to why this is not working... any help would be great.

syslog for reference

SOLUTION

============

My mother board has 3 LAN ports one is dedicated IMPI and other other LAN1 and LAN2

- In reading up on this particular board I found that if you want to just use LAN you will need to connect to LAN2 (may have to enable in BIOS)

- the IMPI management is a great feature allowing me to manage my server on other computer (even bios)

- If you want to use it you will need two ethernet cables one for IPMI and one for LAN2 does not work for me in LAN1

For an excellent post on IPMI set up please see this post

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14695.0

you will need this utility on linux or windows

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/IPMIView/

syslog.txt

What version of unRAID are tou using?  There was a mistake made in putting together the 5.0rc12 build which resulted in the drivers for Realtek based NICs being omitted.  Looking at your log there is no sign of the NIC being recognized so this may be your isue?  This build was quickly replaced by 5.0rc12a to correct this issue.