Crashplan Files reporting Missing after drive rebuild

peteknot

Hey Guys. So I'm having a problem with my crashplan application. I had a drive fail on me so I went through the entire rebuilding process and everything seemed to be back up and running fine. But when I look at the crashplan status, every location listed under the files section is now listed as missing. I've checked that the files are all there as before the crash and when I look through the directories under crashplan, they are all listed there as if they're located. I don't want to uncheck them and re-add them as that would require me to back up all my data again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Guys. So I'm having a problem with my crashplan application. I had a drive fail on me so I went through the entire rebuilding process and everything seemed to be back up and running fine. But when I look at the crashplan status, every location listed under the files section is now listed as missing. I've checked that the files are all there as before the crash and when I look through the directories under crashplan, they are all listed there as if they're located. I don't want to uncheck them and re-add them as that would require me to back up all my data again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not really sure what's caused the initial problem but, in theory, if you uncheck and recheck them so long as you have dedupe enabled and the files *are* actually there then crashplan will just 'skip over' them without having to back them up again.

Though I'm not sure I would guarantee that will work given your issue. I would suggest restarting crashplan but I presume you must have already for the drive swap. Wouldn't hurt though.

Archived