Intel® Atom™ 1.86 GHz Dual-core Processor

1GB RAM (Expandable RAM, up to 3GB)

512MB DOM - Flash "Firmware etc.."

2 x Hot-swappable tray

2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port

2 x USB 3.0 port (Back: 2)

3 x USB 2.0 port (Front: 1; Back: 2)

1 x eSATA port (Back)

overall i'm very happy with the system, I haven't had time to actually get it running perfectly just yet aka settings...

Right now i'm transferring files over to the unit... like I said I haven't optimized or set anything up yet

but WD Black windows to 2 X 3TB WD Red's is averaging 61mb/s in Raid 1 on a small 1.5 gig file

Cpu for the transfer was around 16-27% usage...now that everything is done it's going 0-7%

So I will not have to worry about the cpu ever

Ram I may increase, just running sabnzdb/sickbeard + maybe some other stuff I haven't found yet i'm at 36%...

So just a heads up... do NOT buy any type of  ready to go NAS with 256mb of ram, I'm sure 512 would be okay.. but still.. if you plan on doing anything other than storage.. 512 is fine..

The OS itself, I'm not a fan of... it's complicated, to many settings + no information what program does what..

QNAP App Center, is very bad.. not a lot of programs.. and if you find something you want aka sabnzdb... it's 10 versions out of date

The community on the other hand is okay... that's where I found a versions that are newer + auto update

Like I said at the start, overall I'm happy with it.. lots of setting up still

even better I got it on Sale with free shipping.... $399 CDN, it is not worth the $5XX.XX they are asking

$400 should be the regular price for this unit

What do you plan to use it for versus your unraid server?

1. Sabnzdb

2. Sickbeard

3. Couchpotato - Soon

4. iTunes Server/Airplay

5. There own Dropbox type thingy

6. Local shares for all computers - Going to offload all files

7. Love network recycle bin

8. Integrated AntiVirus

Unraid's sole purpose will be to store movies/tv shows, it has been flawless for the past 4 years I don't see the point in messing with a good thing

I started out with a Qnap 259PRO and I worked very well for SAB,SB and CP. Plex even ran great streaming on my local network. The two 2tb drives filled rather quickly and I was unable to transcode to IOS and Android devices. CPU was too weak. You might want to consider handing all the tasks over to the unraid box. Plex Media Server is pretty awesome on unraid and you can access you media from anywhere and share with family and friend I you like. I just use my Qnap not just for critical storage of stuff and really dont want to lose, and I rarely even boot it up. You didnt mention with you use as a front end to play your media.

I started out with a Qnap 259PRO and I worked very well for SAB,SB and CP. Plex even ran great streaming on my local network. The two 2tb drives filled rather quickly and I was unable to transcode to IOS and Android devices. CPU was too weak. You might want to consider handing all the tasks over to the unraid box. Plex Media Server is pretty awesome on unraid and you can access you media from anywhere and share with family and friend I you like. I just use my Qnap not just for critical storage of stuff and really dont want to lose, and I rarely even boot it up. You didnt mention with you use as a front end to play your media.

Oh I use wdtv's around the house.. so no need to transcode anything... Now that I have 3gb of ram... it runs amazing....

Still hate the OS, and the user forums... holy crap biggest bunch of a-holes

I thought about plex but honestly no need, the qnap it sef