Cannot Copy Large Files to server

I am currently battling an issue that I seem to remember starting a few weeks ago.

I am unable to transfer large files (262MB is the size of the file in the copy testing outlined below) is to my unRAID. I have run the most current version (though I stepped back to rc15 to try and see if that was the issue).

If I reboot the issue goes away for a short time, but then comes back.

Symptoms:

- Slow Network Transfer speeds (starts at 30-40MB/s, then when issues start transfers at 9-11MB/s).

- "Invalid File Handle" errors on the windows computer I am transferring from

- Generic Network errors on the windows computer I am transferring from

Potential Areas of issue:

- Failed Power supply. I find this hard to imagine since it works after a reboot for a while.

- Bad disks. I have run a parity check in the last week and there were no errors found.

- Failed RAM. I will run memtest later. I suspect this to most likely be the culprit...

I have performed the following tests to copy direct to disk (using \\IPADDRESS\disk#)

- disk1 - failed

- disk2 - OK, OK again after testing all other drives...

- disk3 - failed

- disk4 - failed

- disk5 - failed

Is there something I am missing? There is nothing in the System Log that leads me to believe that there are any hardware issues. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to post a lot more information!  First, attach a syslog.  Second, tell what protocol (SMB, NFS, etc) are you using.  Third, have you read the section of 'minimum free space' and 'Split level settings' in the section that follows the free space section?  This is a link to that material:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Min._Free_Space

These sections are important because once unRAID decides which disk to copy a file to if there isn't enough space on that disk, the copy operation will simply fail.  This is true even though the user share has ample free space for the file to fit on.