ERROR when stopping array

This is little bit confusing. I was not being able to find answers to this problem.

I am running 5.0-rc15a. I decided to upgrade MySQL server to version 5.5. It seems like a problem may be related to MySQL, but it may not be a case. MySQL data folder by default is set to /mnt/user/mysql. Before unmounting array, I stop rc.mysql (/etc/rc.d/rc.mysql stop). So, now when I press stop Array, shares should be unmounted, but instead the whole process hangs.

I checked for offending PID service

/usr/bin/fuser -mv /mnt/disk* /mnt/user/*

And following info came up

PID          ACCESS    COMMAND

/mnt/disk4  24377      . . C . .        FIND

This does not tell me too much about what service causes a problem

But here is interesting part. I deleted MySQL plugin + mysql folder and rebooted machine. Tried to stop Array and again process hangs. I checked for PID and again /mnt/disk4 information came out

One more thing. When MySQL is installed I get message "ERROR MySQL server PID file could not be found"

As I said before I am not sure if this is unRaid or MySQL issue

That output from the fuser command seems to indicate you started a "find" command when the current directory (the ".C.." indicates current directory) was on /mnt/disk4.

did you perhaps put the cache_dirs program on that disk?  Or are you running any other scripts from that disk?

In any case, you can learn more about the process, since you have the PID (process ID) by typing:

ps -f -p  24377

(It was PID 24377 in your "fuser" output)

You can kill the specific process by typing:

kill 24377

You need to stop any add-ons before stopping the array.    (The cache_dirs program looks at the tail end of the syslog in between every "find" command to determine if the array is being stopped.  It will stop itself, but any given "find" of a user-share must complete.  It set up properly, to include only the necessary media shares, no single "find" should take more than a second or two.)

Joe L.

Archived