Migrating to faster hardware build

loady

Sorry for delay in reply..i did actually do that and it it booted and i could access UNraid via the webGUI, the GPU i have sounds like a jumbo jet taking off, because there is no software to controll the fans, same for the cooler on the CPU, the fans are running at full tilt, i removed the GPU but UNraid will not boot with it in and i see no way around this in the bios :(...might start a different thread on these issues..

Can't help with the GPU ... but as for the CPU cooler fan, look in the BIOS and see if there's a hardware monitoring and/or control section => you may simply need to enable fan control in the BIOS for the CPU fan to run slower.

Cheers...found the PWM buried deep in the pits of the BIOS !!...this GPU is soooooooooo annoying though, doesnt seem to be a way to disable the GPU in bios, not GPU, no boot it would seem. In answer to my own question, the board doesnt have onboard graphics therefore i feel that it will not boot without a GPU inserted :(...back to drawing board on this one

Archived