[Solved] Question About RC16-c and Plex

So I'm running the latest RC16-c, and the current plex server, here's whats confusing me.. I have a Share setup for TV Shows and plex pointed at that directory. In plex I can go into Graceland TV show and watch the entire season 1 but when I go to the Tower server and into that directory, none of the shows are there other then the one I added today. I don't understand where plex is seeing these shows are or why I cant see them via SMB or if I telnet in. they don't exist but yet I can watch them. Hoping someone can spread some light on this.

- Chris

So I'm running the latest RC16-c, and the current plex server, here's whats confusing me.. I have a Share setup for TV Shows and plex pointed at that directory. In plex I can go into Graceland TV show and watch the entire season 1 but when I go to the Tower server and into that directory, none of the shows are there other then the one I added today. I don't understand where plex is seeing these shows are or why I cant see them via SMB or if I telnet in. they don't exist but yet I can watch them. Hoping someone can spread some light on this.

- Chris

Have you tried to shell in and check /mnt/user instead of /mnt/user0?  Also check the permissions rwx's and also the ownership nobody:users.  If you start plex as nobody user and your files are root root owners and not rwxrwxrwx (777) then Plex won't see them.

Have you tried to shell in and check /mnt/user instead of /mnt/user0?  Also check the permissions rwx's and also the ownership nobody:users.  If you start plex as nobody user and your files are root root owners and not rwxrwxrwx (777) then Plex won't see them.

thats just it, Plex see's them, I cannot through a shell... and I did check /mnt/user0 also. I cant see them there either. I Can watch the show's via Plex but cannot find them on the server at all. I even checked each individual disk and the cache disk.

thats just it, Plex see's them, I cannot through a shell... and I did check /mnt/user0 also. I cant see them there either. I Can watch the show's via Plex but cannot find them on the server at all. I even checked each individual disk and the cache disk.

Maybe they are inside a folder and you don't know it?  Try this:  ls -alR | grep example.file

Make sure you replace example.file with the filename (this will show you all files including hidden files that start with a dot and recursive/subfolders)

Maybe they are inside a folder and you don't know it?  Try this:  ls -alR | grep example.file

Make sure you replace example.file with the filename (this will show you all files including hidden files that start with a dot and recursive/subfolders)

You Nailed it on the head, I found them in a sub directory of another show. I was just coming online to update the topic.