Extremely Slow Parity Check

Parity check is running between 1.5MB/sec and 5MB/sec.  I'm on 5.0rc11.  I plan to upgrade to rc16, but do not have valid parity at the moment and want to get that out of the way first.  I was in the process of adding a new drive.  Right after I added it, I accidentally took it out of the array at one point and triggered invalid parity.

This system has been slow for a while now, but I've just been living with it.  An estimated two weeks for a parity check is way too long though.  Syslog is attached.  I have six 2TB data drives.  The parity drive and the new drive are 4TB each.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

syslog.txt

That's still FAR too slow for a parity check with all 2 & 4 TB drives.

... unless there's something unusual about your configuration (e.g. a PCI-X card in a PCI slot;  too many drives on an old PCI controller; etc.)

Post the specifics of your configuration ... motherboard/CPU/memory/disk drive makes/models

... and by all means upgrade to v5.0 so you're not trying to troubleshoot an obsolete version