Scythe 4-in-3 Drive Stabilizer

Kewjoe

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998049

$11.99 CDN / $9.99 USD

I bought 2 of these. I didn't want to dedicate the cash to buy a 5-in-3 or even one of the more expensive 4-in-3 drive cages that are available. I found this beauty on newegg and ordered two. I'm only using one of them right now. I have 4 x Seagate 1tb drives in an Addtronics 7896A server case. This case has 4 x 80mm case fans on the sides of the 6 x 5.25" bays. This is key because this Scythe contraption will put the drives in close proximity of eachother. If you don't have adequate air flow, your drives will overheat.

Having said that, with my case, and 4 x 80mm case fans (plus an 80mm exhaust behind the drives) my 4 drives have varied between 31-39c. In a few weeks I'll be added 4 x WD 200gig drives in the other one I have. I'll report back if it impacts the temps of my other 4 drives.

To sum it up: great alternative to the expensive 4-in-3 / 5-in-3 drive bays as long as you have good airflow over your 5.25" bays.