[SOLVED] Problems with AOC-SASLP-MV8 controller on a Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O

Hello All,

I'm brand new here and attempting my first build. Unfortunately I ran into trouble right away and am having problems getting my AOC-SASLP-MV8 controller cards set up. I installed them onto a Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O motherboard. But whatever I do I can't get the card bios to show up during boot. I have tried each of the card separately using multiple PCIe slots.

Is there some step I'm missing or some BIOS setting that I need to change. I searched the forums and it seems like other are using this board/controller combo without mention of any problems.

A created a USB boot to dos and ran the mdu.exe program that is included in the firmware downgrade (.21 to .15). I tried to backup the card configuration and it errors. I really don't know what to do. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since I have 2 of them and both behave the same way I figured that it wasn't the cards, but just to be sure I tried them in another computer.

I still don't see a prompt to get into their bios. I even tried hitting ctl-m constantly though the boot just in case it was just flashing by too fast, but no luck.

Anyone have an idea what to try next? Or should I just return the cards?

TheWombat,

I saw your post and modified the 6480.txt file that came with the firmware (before I flashed it). After re-flashing, [RAID FEATURE] and [RAID5] show "disable" as you described.

Now it initializes the cards, and waits while the drives spin up. It takes maybe 10-15 sec for both cards.

Thanks for the help.