Simple script - need help

DaniloSilva

Hi

I've managed to get a little program that serves ISO's to my PS3 working on unraid, I simply created a folder on my cache disk called ".myapps" and copied the little executable inside.

To run it I've been telnetting to my unraid and typing the following at the prompt:

/mnt/cache/.myapps/ps3netsrv32 /mnt/user/games/Games-PS3/

The problems I have are (1) I don't understand how to run this program in the background, at the moment when the telnet session closes so does the app. (2) how to create a script to start and stop the service, something like "ps3server.sh start" and "ps3server.sh stop" would be perfect.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Many thanks,

Dan

Hi

I've managed to get a little program that serves ISO's to my PS3 working on unraid, I simply created a folder on my cache disk called ".myapps" and copied the little executable inside.

To run it I've been telnetting to my unraid and typing the following at the prompt:

/mnt/cache/.myapps/ps3netsrv32 /mnt/user/games/Games-PS3/

The problems I have are (1) I don't understand how to run this program in the background, at the moment when the telnet session closes so does the app. (2) how to create a script to start and stop the service, something like "ps3server.sh start" and "ps3server.sh stop" would be perfect.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Many thanks,

Dan

To run it in the background while telnetting you can type.

nohup /mnt/cache/.myapps/ps3netsrv32 /mnt/user/games/Games-PS3/ &

Another way is to use atd

type

echo /mnt/cache/.myapps/ps3netsrv32 /mnt/user/games/Games-PS3/ | at now

There are other ways to do this with a more advanced /etc/rc.d/rc.ps3netsrv32 script.

you can use /etc/rc.d/rc.inetd as an example to build your own.

Remember that the ram drive gets erased when the machine is rebooted.

You'll need to save this on your boot flash and restore it or run it from there

Archived