[SOLVED] Unable to access the web configuration page

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie unRAID user. Unfortunately my first experience with unRAID has not been smooth sailing :(

Anyways, I'm unable to access the web UI via either //tower or //<IP address> on any of my computers even though I can ping the IP address. Firefox gives me an "Unable to connect" error and IE simply sends me to a Google search results page.

Also, I've never been able to access any device by hostname - ever - so I'd be happy with simply being able to access by IP address.

Is there any way to have the unRAID server push the syslog out to an external location, rather than having a client connect into the server to retrieve it? I am unable to connect to the server at all, and it doesn't seem like either SSH or SFTP is installed by default.

This is a totally new installation. I have never used unRAID before.

I followed the 5-step procedure listed in this document: http://dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-5.0.4-i386.txt under the "Installation on a New Flash Device" and "If using Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)" subheadings. Was there something else I was supposed to do prior to inserting the USB key into the server and booting?

Archived