[SOLVED] New parity drive question

I'm currently running unRAID 5.04 (Pro) with six 2 TB drives, 5 data and 1 parity.  I'm adding 3 drives to the array, two are 3 TB, one is 4TB.  Obviously the 4 TB drive needs to be the parity drive.  I've read the manual on replacing the parity drive, but I'd like to repurpose that as a data drive.  The new drives have all been precleared.

My question is this:

Can I simply stop the array and change the disk assignments, assigning the 4 TB drive to parity, then the two new drives to data and the old parity drive to data?

I know I'll have to do a parity check to rebuild parity.  I don't want to physically replace current parity drive, but I can go through shutting down, physically pulling the drive, restarting, then shut down and add the other drives if it's necessary, it just doesn't seem like it should be, and it seems like reassigning the drives should work, but I wanted to ask.

I hope my question is clear.  If not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks.

Kevin

There are two basic ways to approach this ...

(1)  First replace your parity drive, and wait for the new parity sync to complete.  Then add your new pre-cleared drives.  You can then either add the old parity drive and wait for it to clear;  or you can pre-clear it so it will add quickly.

(2)  The fastest way is to simply do a New Config and assign all the drives the way you want them.  Then it won't need to clear the old parity drive.  Once the parity sync is completed you'll be ready to go.

In either case, be sure you do the following:

BEFORE you do anything, run a parity check to be sure everything's okay.  If this results in any sync corrections, be sure to run it gain and confirm all is zero before starting.

AFTER the parity sync, run a parity check to confirm everything went well (zero sync errors).