Connect to server and IPMI?

I got my new server up and running with the SuperMicro X9SCM-F-O MB and I'm able to either connect to the dedicated LAN for IPMI or Connect to unRaid Server with LAN (1), I think.. But if I set up the IPMI to share  LAN(1) then I can only connect to IPMI and not the unRAID Menu using The IP Address over one cable from the one port.

Is there a setting for a separate IP Address for IPMI? If so where and how. Right now I'm using a static IP.

I don't share a network port when I use IPMI.  I use my dedicated network port for IPMI and only IPMI on one IP address.  The other network port (I actually have 3 - 2 regular + 1 for IPMI only on MB) for connections to my unRAID server - with a different IP address.

So long story short if you have a dedicated IPMI port I would try it with two connections to your server first before trying to share a single one.  Then once you have it working that way you can try to share a single port for both.

I just tried the 2 cables from 2 ports and now I can connect to the unRaid menu but not the IPMI menu by IP Address even if I copy and paste in the full address.

You are using 2 different IP addresses correct?  One is for the IPMI connection and the other is for your unRAID menu.  I have mine as static IP (IPMI) and DHCP with mac address reservations for unRAID Menu.

IPMI IP is 192.168.1.22

unRAID Menu IP is 192.168.1.167

I just tried the 2 cables from 2 ports and now I can connect to the unRaid menu but not the IPMI menu by IP Address even if I copy and paste in the full address.

You are using 2 different IP addresses correct?  One is for the IPMI connection and the other is for your unRAID menu.  I have mine as static IP (IPMI) and DHCP with mac address reservations for unRAID Menu.

IPMI IP is 192.168.1.22

unRAID Menu IP is 192.168.1.167

That's what I'm trying to figure out..

Do I just us the unraid menu to set that IP

Then Set another in IPMI View (I'm trying to use a browser but can us IPMI view to set it up)

I thought unRaid changed the setting for the MB IP Address.

Thanks

That's what I'm trying to figure out..

Do I just us the unraid menu to set that IP

Then Set another in IPMI View (I'm trying to use a browser but can us IPMI view to set it up)

I thought unRaid changed the setting for the MB IP Address.

Thanks

You would set the IP address for unRAID in the unRAID WebGUI.

If IPMI is built into the motherboard (not an add-in card) you typically set its address in the BIOS.