Dell PowerEdge 400 SC

jermmd

One thing about that PowerEdge is that it appears to have only a 10/100Mbit ethernet connection.  Actually, this is fine for many purposes - so if you want to try it, tell me what motherboard model is in there & I'll make a system build with support for that chip. [/Quote]

The Poweredge does support 1000Mbit ethernet so that is not a problem. As for the motherboard, It closely resembles the Intel D875PBZ. Unfortunately, it's not your standard ATX board and the screws are in the wrong place to attach properly to a stacker case. Maybe I could jury rig something-maybe even glue it into the case rather than screw it down? I'll post this in the Unraid forum and PM you as well. What does everyone else think?

If you can find a document which identifies the Ethernet chip used, I can look into adding the driver for that.  Also, the Stacker case has quite a few locations where you can install stand-offs in order to mount the motherboard - I'd be really surprised if you couldn't find the right combination that would work.