Questions regarding AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing Supermicro's AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 to expand the # of SATA ports in my system.  I have the following questions:

1.  Has anyone successfully used the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 board with Supermicro's X9SCL+-F-O motherboard? 

2.  Will the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 support 4TB drives?

3. Will I experience any noticeable performance degradation when reading from drives hooked up to the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 vs. reading from drives connected directly to my motherboard?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using one with the X9scm-IIF motherboard, works fine. Speed should be the same as your motherboard ports, up to about 120MB/sec when you have 8 drives doing a parity check.

Note I have found that putting both sata2 and sata3 drives on this card at the same time causes a major slow down to parity checking. When I had a sata2 drive attached my parity check speed was only 60MB/s after I moved that drive to the motherboard the speed rose to 105MB/s

Also you must set the disk setting for tunable to something like 1024 otherwise parity check speed will be really bad. It was only 40MB/s for me at the default value of 384

Stephen

Thanks for the replies!  I just ordered an AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 from amazon, and I should have it by the end of the week.

Update (2/7/14): I just installed the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, and it was a snap!  Using unRAID v5.0.5, installation was completely plug-and-play (attached a 4TB WD Red Drive to the controller).