[SOLVED] Drive spin down question

Raident

Is there any setting to have unRAID spin down all drives at the same time, but only if the most recently used drive has not been active for X amount of time?

As an example to illustrate the problem, if I've just finished watching a movie and want to move it from my "Inbox" folder to my "Watched" folder (both are on the same share, let's even go so far as to say both are on the same drive), there's always a long delay before the transfer starts since the parity drive is pretty much guaranteed to have been spun down at some point during the movie.

As a stretch goal, it'd be great if the reverse is possible as well - if any read request is received, then all drives should be spun up even if they're not necessary to serve the current request.

Is there any setting to have unRAID spin down all drives at the same time, but only if the most recently used drive has not been active for X amount of time?

As an example to illustrate the problem, if I've just finished watching a movie and want to move it from my "Inbox" folder to my "Watched" folder (both are on the same share, let's even go so far as to say both are on the same drive), there's always a long delay before the transfer starts since the parity drive is pretty much guaranteed to have been spun down at some point during the movie.

As a stretch goal, it'd be great if the reverse is possible as well - if any read request is received, then all drives should be spun up even if they're not necessary to serve the current request.

I think you should be able to accomplish what you want by putting all your drives into a single spin up group.

Archived