Unresponsive unRAID

I've had my system running for two years now without any significant issues.  I upgraded to unRAID 5.0 shortly after it was announced and have not have any issues till now.

* Ran into an issue in the last week or two where the unRAID was not accessible from Finder in Mac OS X 10.9.2. 

* Would try and access Tower from Firefox and it would connect fine, but could not access it from either computer even after rebooting them. 

* Tried rebooting the unRAID and it would seem to be fine including Parity Check. 

* Then it started getting problematic where I could only access through SMB, but the AFP would not mount. 

* Yesterday I noticed the mover was hung up and had not moved over several files from 5 days ago.  I tried to manually start the mover and everything shut down.  Could not access SMB, AFP mounts, or Tower through Firefox.

* Tried to spin down drives through Firefox and it was stuck on a cycle of trying to unmount drives.

* Had to had reboot system and then it was only accessible through SMB mount, however only the flash drive was showing up.  Unable to connect through Firefox.

* Tried to upgrade to unRAID 5.0.5 by updating 'bzimage', 'bzroot', and 'readme.txt' on the flash and had to do a hard reboot.

Now, I can't get the system to boot.  It runs through reset and initializing controller 1, spins up group, detects ports.  Everything checks OK.  Does the same for controller 2 and everything checks OK.  Moves on and shows it unRAID OS as selectable option, but when selecting it jumps back to preview reset/initializing process.  It is now stuck in this continuous loop.  I tried entering the bios to make sure it was still booting off the flash drive and none of the settings have changed. 

I'm not the most tech savvy, but built the system and have handled minor issues up till this point.  Any ideas to help me troubleshoot?  Thanks in advance.

Matt

Alright, thanks for the info fellas.  It a corrupted flash drive as suggested.  Here are the steps I took to get the server booted again.

1) Ran Disk Utility to repair (it found one item).  Reinstalled and rebooted to the same as before. 

2) Tried reformatting the flash drive per the wiki and this post and reinstalled 5.0 i386, which I was previously running successfully, along with the "config" files from my previous 4.7 backup per the 5.0 i386 update.  Reinstalled and now I get a "Missing Operating System - Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error.  Checked the BIOS and none of my settings have changed (should boot off flashdrive).

3) Checked flash drive to make sure it was bootable per this post.  Loaded "make_bootable_mac" and "syslinux" folder from 5.0.5 i386 .zip file on flash drive.  Ran "make_bootable_mac", which ran successfully.  Reinstalled flash drive and booted up unRAID successfully. 

One step forward, one step back.  Got the system booting again, but now running into a new issue.  When I open Tower in Firefox and check the disk assignments in the array Disk 1 through 6 are correct as previously installed.  However, it shows Disk 7 as "No Device", which is incorrect.  I previously had a disk assigned here, but when I try to select it unRAID thinks it is a new disk that needs to be cleared.  I know this disk is ok as I have a few months data on it prior to this debacle.

I find some information on using the "New Config" function on the "Utils" tab in this post and this post.  However, I'm a little unclear that a) this is how to fix the problem and b) how this process actually works.

Can someone confirm the following process for me before I proceed? 

1) Stop the array Not an available option on "Main" tab

2) Go to the "Utils" tab

3) Select "New Config" & confirm "this is what you want to do"

4) Go back to the "Main" tab and assign Disk 7

5) Select "Rebuild Parity"?

Thanks.

Found this post that states the following:

"the absolutely safest way to add drives with data already on them is to simply do an entirely "New Config" and include the drives you want in that configuration.  That ensure you don't accidentally try to add them to a parity-protected array (which would, in fact, cause them to be cleared)."

Felt pretty good about doing this and proceeded.  Parity Sync in progress.