Cant add files over network to shares on disk shares (Solved)

So I have added to disks to my unraid server, setup shares, allocation etc. In finder window it show the new shares and disk 1 & 2 which is fine for now. Im trying to move some files from an external usb drive connected to my mac. I can drag them onto disk1/kids movies and they will copy but if I drag them to the folder kids movies, i.e. the array folder they will not copy, same goes for all my shares, but i can copy them direct to the disk1/movies, disk1/kids movies etc, any ideas. The only thing I have not done is setup a user share for the moment. Is this a requirement, or is it a permissions issue, security on each share is export and public. Thanks

I am confused by what you wrote (and that issue may be entirely on my part). 

When you look at the 'Shares' tab on the GUI.  Describe what you see.  You should have two shares--- one called 'movies' and the other 'kids movies' .  (Note that capitalization is IMPORTANT!!!  You must match what you set up on your disks.)

On the settings tab, there is a sub-menu called 'Share Settings'.  Did you 'Enable Users Shares' and include all disks? 

Both of these must be done before your shares will be accessible.  If you still having problems, what is the error message on your mac?