Cache spin down

Plex will never let the cache spindown, no matter what settings you use. (At least that is the current state of things). You'll have to install plex to a ssd drive outside the array to get your cache to spindown. Sorry. :( Of course the ssd will be always active, but as it makes no noise and little heat and takes only a small amount of power, thats not so much an issue.

That is not true, I installed the plex docker and turned off logging and only check for updates when I ask plex to update and my spinner cache drive stays spun down most of the time. I dont know if its the particular version of plex however. I tried this same scenario with a regular plugin and it would not allow the cache drive to spin down. Cache drive does spin up when I watch movies though. I guess to update the position in movie etc.

That is not true, I installed the plex docker and turned off logging and only check for updates when I ask plex to update and my spinner cache drive stays spun down most of the time. I dont know if its the particular version of plex however. I tried this same scenario with a regular plugin and it would not allow the cache drive to spin down. Cache drive does spin up when I watch movies though. I guess to update the position in movie etc.

There are settings in the PLEX GUI interface (not the PLEX VIEWER app, but at port #32400), look for the ADVANCED tab, and you should be able to limit the frequency with which PLEX checks your disks for new media in your library.  You can turn them off and make the updates manual. I just do them once per day.

Thanks, all, for the help. I will look at my Plex settings and see if there is anything I can do. However, after I installed Plex(about 5 days ago), I have since learned that it no longer supports VIDEO_TS folders and files. I am thinking of going back to Media Browser 3 as soon as a plugin is available to install on my server.

Thanks, again!